Frequently Asked Questions
What is RoundUp for Charity?
RoundUp is an app that makes it simple for ecommerce merchants to support their favorite charities!
Trusted by leading merchants, we provide a software that allows customers to "round up" during checkout.
When a customer "rounds up", the money flows into your (the merchant's) account as if you had made a sale. You're able to quickly and easily track the roundups using the Shopify Dashboard. You can even export a CSV file with the roundup data for simple tracking and reporting.
Where do the RoundUps go?
The RoundUp flows directly into the merchant's account via Shopify (as if the merchant were making a sale).
If the merchant is also a charity, then the RoundUps stay in the merchant's account. Otherwise, the app will collect and distribute the RoundUps from the merchant to the charity, respectively. This occurs either when a total of $50 has been collected or on a weekly basis (whichever occurrs less frequently).
We do offer a self-service package. In this case, the roundups flow into the merchant's account and stay there. The merchant is able to track the roundups and send them directly to their charity of choice. A flat 10% fee is charged on a weekly basis.
How much of the gift goes to charity?
For our partners that are both the merchant and the charity, we waive all fees (100% goes to the charity).
In general, 85% of net proceeds goes to charity. The remainder allows us to provide free service and software to our merchant/charity partners. Specifically, the fees allow our small, mission-driven team to maintain the technical stack, pay for hosting/servers, provide customer support, and assist with customized installs and maintenance.
If the merchant chooses the "self-service" option, then a flat 10% transaction fee is charged weekly. The merchant then sends 90% of the proceeds directly to their charity. As described above, the 10% software fee enables us to provide FREE software and support to our charity partners.
Will my customers support this?
We've conducted independent studies and worked with thousands of merchants. Not only do most customers (~71%) fully support "rounding up", most customers (~55%)
prefer brands that ask them to roundup. As a result, RoundUp is a powerful tool for building brand affinity among your customers.
We make it easy for your customers to understand and participate.
What is the time commitment?
Just a few minutes to get set up! Or request set up help and we'll take care of it.
We can also provide a representative to prepare your staff for the launch of this program at no cost to you.
Is there a minimum amount to participate?
We work with stores of all sizes, whether you have 1 order or 10,000 orders per day.
The Round Up program only collects donations when they hit a minimum $10 threshold and distributes the donations when they hit a $100 threshold.
Low volume stores will be charged $3.99 per month. Please see the Shopify Marketplace listing for specific pricing information.
How will the new shopping cart page look?
We can help customize the design to fit seamlessly into any cart. Typically, the app appears in the lower right-hand corner of the cart with the words "
Round up for Charity?" (please see below). When the customer hovers over the "?", a popup appears with additional information regarding your selected charity.
Size, text, font, colors etc can be edited to match your brand.
How does the signup process work?
1) Downlod the app from the Shopify App store using the link below:
2) Select your charity or contact us to add ANY charity you wish.
3) Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive free setup support if needed. That's it!
How does it work?
When the customer "rounds up", the money flows into your account as if you had made a sale. You'll be able to track the roundups through the user dashboard. You can even export the roundup data for simple tracking and reporting.
How does pricing work?
Non-profit/merchants are able to enjoy our service, software and support for FREE.
Merchants generating zero monthly roundups are charged a $3.99 / month service charge. Setup and support are free and provided whenever possible.
Merchants, generating <$10 in monthly roundups are charged a $10 / month service charge. Setup and support are free and provided whenever possible.
High-Volume Merchants are able to enjoy our service, software and support for FREE. We do charge a fee from the roundups generated by the app and distribute 85% of net proceeds directly to the charity. The fees enable us to provide support for Charity/Merchants for FREE.
High-Volume Merchants (Self-Service) are able to enjoy our service, software and support for FREE. We do charge a 10% fee weekly based on the total roundups generated by the app. The other 90% remains in the merchant's account for the merchant to send directly to the charity.